So you have one, two, three or maybe four kids to feed and you're tired of serving up the same dishes week after week..... You want to add flare to your meal, have fun teaching the kids kitchen skills and create a dining in experience with your husband without the hassle of worrying about the kids..... What do the kids ask for? Chicken Pot Pie... You think "not again", how boring and not a mood setting meal.....
Good thing you have Poulet Rouge Chicken from Rastelli Direct in the freezer along with some other goodies to create a masterpiece thanks to these wonderful ladies! This recipe falls into the elegant disguise that your kids will like and your significant other will be impressed with!! Create your Bundle of Love! Of course to add the love to the bundle for you and your significant other you require a wonderful wine. Again, Napa Valley's Faustini, a favorite of mine has a new selection that I find not only fitting in name but wonderful in taste... Play Date and both wines, the 2009 Play Date Cabernet or 2010 Play Date Chardonnay are a perfect fit! Now the Cabernet will be ready for release in the fall, so let's pair up the Chardonnay today!
Faustini 2010 Play Date Chardonnay tasting notes: Pear, apricots, jasmine, honeysuckle, and vanilla define the perfumed nose that also shows hints of orange peel and tobacco. A red pear attack transitions smoothly into a complex, juicy mouth of green apple, white peach, pineapple, and traces of chestnut and nutmeg. An orange blossom silky transition releases the vanilla finish with hints of coffee that cleans out with a lingering lemon-lime.
The array of flavors makes this the perfect pairing and as delicious as a dessert without the calories! Next time you have to dine in and have a play date with your kids and significant other, make this your guilty pleasure.
Chicken Pot Pie Bundles
Go through the cabinets, refrigerator and freezer and find your ingredients below!
◦ 1½ tablespoons canola oil, divided
◦ 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)
◦ 1/2 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1/2 cup)
◦ 2 cloves garlic, minced
◦ 1 pound boneless, skinless Poulet Rouge chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch dice
◦ 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
◦ 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
◦ Pinch of black pepper
◦ 1 cup all-natural chicken broth
◦ 4 teaspoons cornstarch
◦ 3/4 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
◦ 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
◦ 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
12 egg roll wraps (NOT the smaller wonton wrappers)
◦ Preheat the oven to 350°F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrot and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
◦ Stir in the chicken, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
◦ Place the broth and cornstarch in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Add to the skillet along with the peas and corn, and bring the liquid to a simmer, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer and stir gently until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
◦ To prepare the bundles, use a muffin pan with 12 medium-size cups (do not coat with nonstick cooking spray). Gently place 1 egg roll wrap into each cup, letting it extend over the sides.
◦ Place a generous 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into each wrap, and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Fold the corners up and over the top of the filling and press to seal the edges (it doesn’t have to be perfect!). Brush the remaining oil on top of each bundle.
Bake until golden and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly before eating.