I decided to go on a quest to not only reduce my kitchen time but to create my favorite meals that I normally enjoy out or require a little more attention when cooking.
Crock Pot Chicken Marsala
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
8 boneless Poulet Rouge skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 jars (6 oz each) Green Giant® sliced mushrooms, drained (I use fresh, sliced mushrooms)
2 cup sweet Marsala wine or Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup cornstarch
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 1. Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place garlic and oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in cooker over garlic. Place mushrooms over chicken; pour wine over all.
• 2. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
• 3. Remove chicken from cooker; place on plate and cover to keep warm. In small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into liquid in cooker. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook about 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
• 4. Return chicken to cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 5 minutes longer or until chicken is hot.
• 5. To serve, spoon mushroom mixture over chicken breasts; sprinkle with parsley.
Serve on a bed of brown/white rice with a green salad.
Make sure to use sweet Marsala wine. Dry Marsala makes this dish taste too acidic.
It's that simple to have a gourmet quality meal ready for you when you get home!
And make sure you have chilling all day a nice bottle of Domodimonti LiCoste from the region of Marche, Italy which will go perfectly with this dish...